Each Year, Thousands of Young Horses make their way into the ridden World. The majority of Owners are ill equipped for You can’t learn to ride the ‘Green Horse’ by owning one or two. This article is aimed at passing on the absolute best practice, to help Horses and Owners who may read it. After riding Thousands of them, I do hope You benefit.
I would submit, that above all else, You want the ‘Green Horse‘ to like You, to trust You and even more, feel like a Partner, right? You don’t want to ‘pee it off’, do You? Your Life depends on it!
Well to achieve that, only the system You use, can provide it and sadly, the vast majority of Young Horses fall within the ‘English Discipline‘ systems, which are indeed ‘anti Horse happiness’. I won’t go on, You will see all the hundreds of photos of proof on this Problems Index area, so let’s move on.
The alternative system comparisons
GROUND WORK (read the links to each article)
Natural Horsemanship –
British Horse Society –
- Straight into the Arena The Arena is Your Enemy!!! Across Thousands of Horses, the only Buck Jumpers, have been on the Arena. NEVER on the Trail (and there are very valid reasons for that)
- OR……… Beach, Roads, Forests
PREPARATION FOR COMPETITION TRAINING
- Jump on, wack their Head down and away we go
- Spend at least 3 Months Muscle Development preparation, training the Leg Yield.
Introduction to the arena
LUNGING (same horse)
- Tied up Solidly anywhere and stay put
- Tied to Twine everywhere and run around learning evasion and creating Legal Risk
- British Horse Society (side reins, long reins and a contact at all times
- O’Leary Mouthing System with ‘Air Brakes’
So You have much to consider. It’s time that Folks realize there are two Wings of the Horse Industry, with two decisive, opposing systems. You be the Judge😃
and of course, one can go on…………