Let me pass onto You, that the Arena is ‘your worst nightmare’ when it comes to ‘Green Horses’
and yet, this is the place that the vast majority of People insist upon staying….why???
The answer is a few things:
- Fear and the opinion that the Arena is their ‘Comfort Zone’
- A vast lack of knowledge and indeed, experience, in how ‘Green Horses’ should be ridden
- A lack of knowledge of how to ‘pleasure ride’ Horses
- The thought that they have a lack of control on the Trail and more in the Arena…….
all of which is false.
The ‘Green Horse’ can see no logic in an Arena, no learning, just around and around with no starting point and no discernible ending to the journey. They get sick of the Arena in one ride!! It has little by way of controls and it sets up ‘evasions‘ by default.
Here is a first ride on an arena.
Trust me……’Green Horses’ learn 10 times as much on the Trail than they ever can on an arena and retain happiness, attitude and bond with You, the Owner. Here are some other benfits
- If they are not Trail ridden, they are never a complete Horse and You will always be vulnerable in the future
- They always lack boldness unless exposed to the ‘real world’
- The Trail ridden ‘Green Horse’ has a far better Walk than those on the arena
- Zero risk of rearing versus a high risk on an arena
- The building of ‘True Unity’ between the Horse and Rider on the Trail rather than perceptions that the Rider isn’t being fair and giving no fun in riding, on the Arena….and much more……
I could show You the Faces of hundreds of Horses, Sad and frustrated, versus the same number of gleeful ‘Green Horses’ even if it were their first ride out of a Round Pen, but I won’t photo bomb You….just a couple 🙂
‘Green Horses’ have NO CLUE about ‘Contact’ and think that any feel on the Mouth is the BRAKES. That’s what they have been brain washed with by the Horse Trainer. Give them a huge break and show them on the Trail where they are naturally FORWARD, happy, have a place to get to, understand the reasons and much more.
So Folks, I do hope You consider all of this. Trust me, it is a ‘Holy Grail’ of training ‘Green Horses’